Not all bots

On Apr 3, 2005 9:43 PM, Petri Helenius <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Conclusion is that blocking 25 inbound from a handful of prefixes would
> stop >10% of spam.

Using two or three carefully chosen DNSBLs would be a superset of your
conclusion

> +--------+------------------+
> | 2.0754 | 207.182.144.0/20 |

and from later down in your list

> | 1.0963 | 207.182.136.0/21 |

http://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/sbl.lasso?query=SBL9198 - 207.182.128.0/19
in ROKSO as a potentially hijacked netblock

> | 1.7184 | 4.0.0.0/8        |

That's old BBN netspace, now Level 3.  Level 3 provides dialups to a
whole lot of providers, and .. hell, I dont need to tell you about
level 3.  Anyway a good dialup list (DUHL, or maybe the DUL if you
want to license it) should help.

> | 1.3054 | 82.224.0.0/11    |

Proxad in France - dialup / broadband dynamic IP space I expect

> | 1.1116 | 221.144.0.0/12   |

Korea. Likely to be a good mix of direct spam sources and botted
hosts.  Spamhaus SBL and XBL, plus a dynamic IP list just might help

> | 0.9943 | 61.78.37.0/24    |
> | 0.9586 | 218.144.0.0/12   |
> | 0.9484 | 222.96.0.0/12    |
> | 0.7394 | 222.65.0.0/16    |
> | 0.7343 | 211.200.0.0/13   |

SBL + XBL + Dynamic IPs

Then, surbl.org catches a few more for you (I can recommend
ob.surbl.org on the principle of eating our own dogfood, we use it ..)

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian ([EMAIL PROTECTED])