So, basically, following the instructions at
http://www.iana.org/cctld/cctld-establishment-procedures-19mar03.htm, I need to
be sure I legally acquire the island from a nation for the express purpose of
running my own country (the sales agreement says I am no longer part of them).
After I establish my national government (I held an impromptu straw-poll in the
office, and we chose "Joetopia" as the name of my island nation), I need to
petition the UN to be recognized as a nation and be listed in their report.
After that, I automatically get a 2-letter nation code and can petition ICANN
for a ccTLD of my 2-letter code.  I can then choose to run .jt (or whatever my
ccTLD ends up being) from any place I desire.

Well, thanks for all the help everyone.  Hopefully it broke the day's monotony
for some of you.  Now I just need to sit back and wait for those lotto winnings
to roll in (ha!).

Joe Johnson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

P.S.: Don't worry, I'll be sure to have plenty of redundancy in my DNS
(physically separate NS's, multiple DNS servers, power, etc.)  and I won't
brook no spammers.  Not from my .jt ccTLD!