On Cisco wifi, we started seeing signal fluctuations since 1-2 months. The only
change that was done to change windows user preference from 2.4 GHz Radio to 5
GHz radio through a windows group policy change. But this was done in response
to the problem reported by certain users.We have lately discovered that some of
the neighboring APs opt for same frequency band at 5.0 GHz and also at 2.4 GHz.
Reboot of these APs have not helped to choose different frequency band by these
APs.Channel assignment is set to be auto and we cannot change it to static
though we are aware of definitive AP positions at all floors in campus. The
reason being that the controller serves APAC and we do not know the definite /
relative positions of different APs.The wireless survey conducted before (when
there was no complaint on wifi) did show presence of co-channel interferences
in certain areas, but SNR was seen to be very good in all areas of all the
floors.
For skype, we have call drop or call noisy complain from users across the three
floors irrespective of if they are connected to wifi or LAN.
We are using Cisco WLC 5520 controller.

Regards,Vikash SoroutHand-phone : +91-9013866229Email: vikash_sor...@yahoo.com