50 boul. St-Charles
P.O. Box 26770     Beaconsfield, Quebec     H9W 6G7
Tel: 514-990-5911  http://www.pubnix.net    Fax: 514-990-9443

On 2019-10-23 10:42, adamv0...@netconsultings.com wrote:
Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2019 8:26 PM
To: Keith Medcalf <kmedc...@dessus.com>

No,

On Oct 22, 2019, at 2:08 PM, Keith Medcalf <kmedc...@dessus.com>
wrote:
At this point further communications are encrypted and secure against
eavesdropping.

The problem isn't the protocol being eavesdropped on. The data is already
published publicly by many people.

The problem is one of mutual authentication and authorization of the
transport.

Yes the information is public but if the routing information exchanged over
a given peering session is tempered with that could potentially cause some
problems right?

But then again, as Jeff mentioned, with GTSM this vector is limited to a
local link between two eBGP speakers (or whole IGP domain for iBGP sessions
but let's leave that one out for now).
So move from bilateral peering over common IX-LAN to direct peering
Or if a direct link is still not to be trusted do MACSEC.
Then it's all about you and the peer -if he/she screws you over de-peer.

adam