I think the disconnect idea is actually a good one... I don't know
that I want to DO IT, but :) it certainly seems like a reasonable
disaster recovery planning exercise :) (likely doing it is the only
way to really suss out the problems though)

On Sat, Nov 2, 2019 at 12:19 PM Mike Bolitho <mikeboli...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> I would imagine that the internet is a whole less resilient today in 2019
>> than it was back in the day before the cloud takeover.
>

> It's far more resilient now than it has ever been. More sub-sea cables.
> Multiple routes across continents. The very fact that there are
> AWS/Azure/Google Cloud data centers located around the globe makes anything
> hosted there even more resilient, not less (and for the most part, I still
> prefer on prem DC so I'm not even pushing "To the cloud!").

"as long as the customers (who need global reachability) build their
cloud applications/etc without just sticking everything in the
equivalent of us-east" :)

There are a  LOT of folk who ' tossed it in the cloud, all good now?'
and .. .sadly did not plan on disaster/global-reachability very well
:(