What about diversity from Ashburn?

I believe Loudon County (the county that Ashburn VA is in) has reeled in future datacenter construction, and future datacenters will happen in nearby Manassas and othere cities.

I've heard that some of the major data center companies already have property in other areas West of Ashburn that are 2 hours or less travelling by land. Less natural disaster risk. Virginia Beach has hurricanes and is already pretty built out. Not sure how cheap the power is, but most companies there are more interested in feeding off the large Military presence.

There recently was a colo that was co-funded by the government down there that collapsed financially. It was targeted towards Bitcoin, of course.

                         - Ethan O'Toole