> On Dec 2, 2019, at 12:09 AM, Justin Streiner <strein...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Requests for updates from front-line customer service go into a black hole,
> as do sidebar questions to our Verizon account team at $dayjob.

Most of the cellular + wireline providers are looking to bring FTT(area) and
then just do cellular backhaul.  This is going to let them overlay the existing
areas outside their primary service area and compete in last-mile in ways they
couldn’t do years ago.

T-Mobile and ATT both have these services today.  I haven’t seen a Verizon
announcement but expect it. Much of the ATT expansion was funded out of CAF II
funds. https://www.fcc.gov/reports-research/maps/caf2-auction903-results/

Any new developments the providers are all doing fiber on poles or underground
(which makes sense in a joint trench situation).  I expect those services will
remain at the IPv6 density they are at present and only increase over time as
services continue to put AAAA on their front-side.

I’m not expecting Verizon to invest any more into existing FIOS than they did
in the areas they divested.

- Jared