For the sake of maximum pedanticness, the NANOG scholarship program and the
NANOG fellowship program are very different things.

NANOG scholarships are the traditional "Here's some money for non-alcohol
related college expenses."

https://nanog.org/outreach/scholarship-program/
https://learnmore.scholarsapply.org/nanog/

NANOG fellowships are funds to assist those who may not have the financial
ability or support from their employer to attend NANOG meetings and events.

https://nanog.org/outreach/professional-development/
https://nanog.org/resources/fellowships/ ( This link currently 404's ; I
let NANOG staff know already. )

I can't speak to what the requirements are for fellowship eligibility; that
may be on that page that currently 404s.