Majority only means >50%
when there are 2 parties.

When there is more than 2 parties the majority can be less than 50%.   When
there is more than 2 parties, one uses the term “absolute majority” to indicate
>50%.

There are more than 2 RIRs.

If 40% of address are used in LACNIC, 30% in APNIC and 30% in RIPE then the
majority of addresses by region are in the LACNIC region.

--
Mark Andrews