On Mon, 19 Jul 2021 at 20:19, Graham Johnston
<johnston.grah...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't at this point have long term data collection compiled for the issues
> that we've faced. That said, we have two 100G transport links that have a
> regular background level of input errors at ranges that hover between 0.00055
> to 0.00383 PPS on one link, and none to 0.00135 PPS (that jumped to 0.03943
> PPS over the weekend). The range is often directionally associated rather
> than variable

On typical 100G link we do not get single FCS error in a typical day.
However Ethernet spec still allows very high error rate of 10**-12. So
1 error per 1Tb (b not B). I.e. 1 error per 10s, or 0.1PPS would be
in-spec. We see much better performance to this and vendors generally
accept lower error rates as legitimate errors.

--
  ++ytti