On Fri, 9 Dec 2022 at 17:30, Tom Beecher <beec...@beecher.cc> wrote:

> Pushing thousands of lines via CLI/expect automation is def not a great idea,
> no. Putting everything into a file, copying that to the device, and loading
> from there is generally best regardless. The slowness you refer to is almost
> certainly just because of how XR handles config application. If I'm following
> correctly, that seems to be the crux of your question.

If you read carefully, that is what Steffann is doing. He is doing
'load location:file' + 'commit'. He is not punching anything by hand.

So the answer we are looking for is how to make that go faster.

In Junos answer would be 'ephemeral config', but in IOS-XR as far as I
know, the only thing you can do is improve the 'load' part by moving
the server closer, other than that, you get what you get.
--
  ++ytti