From: "Mel Beckman" <m...@beckman.org>
To: "Tom Beecher" <beec...@beecher.cc>
Cc: "nanog@nanog.org list" <nanog@nanog.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 12, 2023 11:01:20 AM
Subject: Re: ARIN whois contact abuse from ipv4depot aka Silicon Desert
International Inc

Tom,

When an ARIN member violates their agreement and spams from ARIN’s databases,
it’s not just an “Internet is fertile ground” deal. It’s a betrayal of a legal
trust, one that demands accountability. I’m quite happy that ARIN promptly
responds to these abuses, and gets results. That only works if victims report
spam and compare notes. Let the “fertile ground” be elsewhere!

-mel beckman