On Fri, 26 Apr 2024 at 03:11, David H <ispcoloh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Curious if anyone has particular hardware they like for OOB / serial
> management, similar to OpenGear, but preferably with 5G support, maybe even
> T-Mobile support?  It’s becoming increasingly difficult to get static IP 4g
> machine accounts out of Verizon, and the added speed would be nice too.  Or
> do you separate the serial from the access device (cell+firewall, etc.)?

You could get a 5G Catalyst with an async NIM or SM.

But I think you're setting up yourself for unnecessary costs and
failures by designing your OOB to require static IP. You could design
it so that the OOB spokes dial-in to the central OOB hub, and the OOB
hub doesn't care what IP they come from, using certificates or PSK for
identity, instead of IP.

--
  ++ytti