I don't think that URL explains how commonly it is used.

In my experience TCP-AO use is extremely limited, partly because it's
super new in practice. Juniper had it for a long time, but it was
pre-standard even years after the standard was published, which
probably didn't matter much, as no one else had it at all until
somewhat recently.

I suspect this type of order of events may have led many people to
look into TCP-AO early on, and decided correctly it was not
operationally feasible, and that has stuck.

--
  ++ytti