Interestingly, I saw this post on social media showing some confusion
across state lines.

I believe this person lives around 100 miles from the nearest border of
Maine.  Note the first alert doesn’t specify which state is affected but
the second does.
Commenters on the post indicate they received the alert in NY and NH (both
of which border MA directly whereas Maine does not).

Tony