On Monday, 12 August 2024 at 16:11, Christopher Morrow
<morrowc.li...@gmail.com> wrote:

> you MIGHT try just using the 'clear the google-public-dns cache' page:
> https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/cache
>
> I think we try really hard to NOT do what you think we're doing...

Thanks Christopher.

For the benefit of the list, I received a couple of off-list tip-offs to the
link that Chrstopher suggested.

I was a bit cynical as I assumed the tool would only have effect on Google's
external caches (i.e. 8.8.8.8).

The form was failing on Captcha on multiple browsers, which only helped to
raise my level of unhappiness with Google.

After a bit of searching, I found the same form on another Google page and
having plugged the details into the form, caches were indeed cleared both
internally and externally at Google and gmails started arriving in the right
place.

Thanks all for your help on this, both on-list and off-list.