On 13/10/2009, at 5:46 PM, Kevin Loch wrote:

I think he was pointing out that extra routes due to "slow start"
policies should not be a factor in v6.  My guess is that is about
half of the "extra" routes announced today, the other half being
TE routes.

You can pretty easily figure out how many advertised prefixes are intentional de-aggregates, and you can get a fairly good idea as to how many of them are for TE as well I expect, by looking for different AS paths.

Someone mentioned some slides earlier in this thread by Vince Fuller at APRICOT early '07 that from memory have pretty good data on this.

--
Nathan Ward