On 6 Jan 2010, at 15:00, Hank Nussbacher wrote:

> At 13:19 05/01/2010 +0000, Rob Shakir wrote:
>
>> If you're an SP who has some existing NetFlow solution, and don't really
>> justify a spend for traffic intelligence within your network (or have
>> something home-grown), is there an alternative scrubber that one might be
>> able to use in a more standalone deployment that can approach the filtering
>> levels of the Arbor kit?
>>
>> I should probably point out that we only really started our conversation
>> with Arbor within the last month or so, so there are perhaps details
>> relating to this that I've missed. I'd be happy to be corrected!
>
> In that case, how do you run your current service:
> http://www.vialtus.com/en/Solutions/Hosting-and-Datacentre-Services/Security-Solutions/Distributed-Denial-of-Service-Protection.aspx

Our existing mitigation devices are Riverhead boxes and some in-house tools,
hence my interest in what other people are doing relating to the Cisco/Arbor
Clean Pipes document.

I find the Riverhead boxes really good to work with, it's a shame that they're
no longer under active development though!

Kind regards,
Rob

--
Rob Shakir                      <r...@eng.gxn.net>
Network Development Engineer    GX Networks/Vialtus Solutions

This email is subject to: http://www.vialtus.com/disclaimer.html