On 2010-02-10 at 17:12:28 -0700, Blake Pfankuch wrote:
> Anyone have some insight on a good dual stack Linux (or BSD) router distro?
> Currently using IPCop but it lacks ipv6 support.  I've used SmoothWall
> Express but not in some time and not sure how well it works with IPv6.  Not
> looking for something huge, just something for the equivalent of a small
> branch office.  Site to Site VPN support and NAT translation capability for a
> few public IP addresses to private addresses are the only requirements.
> Public or private responses are welcome!

I'm not sure if the GUI is a requirement, but I'm a huge fan of Shorewall.
It has support for both v4 and v6 along along with the usual router
requirements.  Since it's just a linux box with a few iptables rules, you
can easily load openvpn, ipsec, quagga, etc...

It's all text files and a 'shorewall start|stop|check' script.

If you want something with a GUI, pfSense is your best bet, or you could
use something like fwbuilder to build your iptables rules.

-A