> Put differently, you work in this arena too...  you've presumably
> talked to stakeholders.  Can you list some of the reasons people have
> provided for not adopting v6, and are any of them related to the v6
> policies regarding address space?

Reasons:
        +       Fear
                People simply fear deploying new technology to their
environment.

        +       Uncertainty
                The future is uncertain. Many people fail to realize that
IPv4's future
                is even more uncertain than that of IPv6.

        +       Doubt
                You are not the only one expressing doubt in IPv6.  The reality,
                however, is that I think that LSN and a multi-layer NAT internet
                are even more worthy of doubt than IPv6.

        +       Inertia
                Many people are approaching this like driving at night with the
                headlights off.  They refuse to alter course until they can see
                the wall.  There is a wall coming in two years whether you can
                see it or not. If you have not begun to deploy IPv6 (changed
                course), then there will soon come a point where the accident
                has already occurred, even though you cannot yet see the
                wall and have not yet made physical contact with it.

                A classic example of this phenomenon would be a certain
                large unsinkable ship where the captain chose to try and
                make better time to New York rather than use a lower speed
                to have time to avoid ice bergs. The ship never arrived in
                New York and its name became an adjective to describe
                large disasters.

Owen