On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 4:21 PM, Greg Ihnen <os10ru...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just got off the phone with a level 1 tech support guy about an issue with
> my parents Cablevision/Optimum Online service and decided to ask the fellow
> if there's any official company news about IPv6 being in the works. His
> comments were that there is a test coming up (he was referring to World IPv6
> Day), though he admitted that Cablevision is choosing not to participate in
> the "test" because they want to wait to see that IPv6 actually works without
> problems before they turn it on. He said it with a tone that seemed to
> express that the World IPv6 Day "test" is an irresponsible diversion. I
> politely and without any noticeable condescension (I believe) told him
> "that's what I expected" and bid him adieu.
>
> It's neat how they're going to skip that irresponsible testing phase and just
> turn it on one day and it's going to work perfectly.

Because when I want to know details of future major architectural
changes to a network, I usually ask a level 1 tech support guy since
he's the one most likely to know, right?

He'll know it's being rolled out when they create a script for him to
follow. One that'll likely say something like "For IPv6 problems,
immediately escalate to someone we've actually training in IPv6."

Bob