On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 6:31 PM, Tom Ammon <tom.am...@utah.edu> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We're pushing to get IPv6 deployed and working everywhere in our operation,
> and I had some questions about best practices for a few things.
>
> On your management nets (network device management nets) , what's the best
> approach for addressing them? Do you use ULA? Or do you use  global addresses
> and just depend on router ACLs to protect things? How close are we to having
> a central registry for unique local addresses, and will that really happen?

What if you apply to a /48 block as end-user because the management
network is not part of your ISP-related /32 or larger block ?
What if you happen to get that /48 and never announce it to the DFZ ?
Then your attack surface gets very small (but still exists, you'll
need some ACLs here and there, notably your customers having
default-routes to your core).

Rubens