On Oct 13, 2011, at 3:21 PM, McCall, Gabriel wrote:

> ActiveSync on Android allows corporate to force compliance with security
> policy and allow remote wipe. User cannot complete the exchange account setup
> without permitting the controls. If the user doesn't agree their sync isn't
> enabled. Moreover, if corporate requirements change sync is disabled until
> you approve again. That seems like it covers all the bases to me.

Same on iThings, plus SSL, wipe if 10 incorrect pass codes entered, enforcement
of more than a 4-digit PIN pass code, auto-lock timeout, etc., etc.  Any device
that doesn't do this is likely old and / or going out of biz.

I like Jared's attempt to bring this back on topic, though. :)  So going down
that path, exactly why is iMessage any different from Skype, AIM, Jabber, etc.?
 I mean other than likely being part of the OS / seamlessly integrated.  (I
haven't tried it yet, so I am just assuming Apple has done their standard UI
magic on this.)

In fact, Skype, just as a for instance, is worse on hotel wifi as launching the
app on a laptop makes you a middle node for some conversations.  Does Skype on
$HANDHELD have the same property?

--
TTFN,
patrick