From: "Shahab Vahabzadeh" <sh.vahabza...@gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 15, 2012 4:26pm
To: "Leigh Porter" <leigh.por...@ukbroadband.com>
Cc: "nanog@nanog.org" <nanog@nanog.org>
Subject: Re: OSS Systems

Hi there again,
I think Leigh is not available this week, anybody else idea about such a
system?
Which loadbalancer is good to use? LVS or hardware one? or radius as a
proxy?
How database must be placed? How radius servers talk to DB?
And which radius server you suggest? Radiator?
Thanks

On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 1:45 AM, Leigh Porter
<leigh.por...@ukbroadband.com>wrote:

> On 5 Jan 2012, at 22:02, "Shahab Vahabzadeh" <sh.vahabza...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi there,
> > Has anybody experience about running and OSS System in enterprise level?
> > And do you have any idea about it?
> > For example for an ISP who is running users more than 20K or 30K, there
> > must be some good solutions to integrate all systems like:
> > Radius, Billing Systems and CRM
> > For example after searching and asking friends I have some ideas about
> > Radius to use: radiator
> > Is there anybody who has analyse such a systems before in his ISP? Need
> > sharing here :)
> > Thanks
>
> We did this a few years ago and ended up writing the while thing
> ourselves. This included billing, subscriber management etc etc.
>
> We integrates to salesforce.com for the internal front end and the user
> facing stuff we did ourselves.
>
> It was a big project and took a team of six about six months. But we ended
> up with a perfect solution that did exactly what we needed and it was
> pretty good.
>
> It handled within the order of users you mention, but we designed to 100k
> users.
>
> We used radiator (highly recommended) with openldap back end. Multiple
> load balanced servers etc etc.
>
> The worst thing we did was to build our own mail system. Not that it was
> an issue, it never went wrong, but these days I'd just send people to gmail
> or something.
>
> --
> Leigh Porter

Regards,
Shahab Vahabzadeh, Network Engineer and System Administrator

PGP Key Fingerprint = 8E34 B335 D702 0CA7 5A81  C2EE 76A2 46C2 5367 BF90