> That sparked my interest. Did I miss something? One can lie about
> TS/CSI clearance and be believed as long as one can fool a lie
> detector? How safe is that? That strikes me as a bit odd.

Yeah, you missed something.  TS/SCI w/polygraph means that you underwent a
Special Background Investigation *and* you passed a polygraph during an
interview which is generally used to detect if you are being deceptive in your
answers to questions, not so much to find "the truth".

And you can lie about the TS/SCI until it comes time to actually be cleared for
work.  The "powers that be" will discover your lie before you ever emerge from
the "leper colony" and your hopes of ever getting one at that point are headed
down the drain.