On Thursday, March 29, 2012 7:03 PM, Brian R. Watters
<mailto:brwatt...@absfoc.com> wrote:

[snip]

> Fast Ether has always been set @ auto

Just in case you missed it, I would echo Brielle's earlier advice: please try
forcing both laptop and the FE it's plugged into to 100/Full, auto disabled,
and try your tests again.  I feel like this thread has developed an unhealthy
fixation with the GE <-> Comcast segment when it's just as likely that it's
working perfectly fine and the problem is between Laptop <-> FE. :-)

For whatever reason, I have historically had very bad luck/experience with 7200
FE interfaces and auto-negotiation, FWIW.

--
Nathan Anderson
First Step Internet, LLC