On 6/27/2012 1:13 AM, Matthew Black wrote:
> I'm not familiar with curl and don't understand what I type and what are
> results. Are you suggesting that when google refers to our website, we pick
> that up and redirect to couchtarts?
>
> matthew black
> information technology services
> california state university, long beach

Referer is an HTTP header that can be included in requests to your web
server
  - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_referer

"man curl"

       -e, --referer <URL>
              (HTTP)  Sends the "Referer Page" information to the HTTP
server. This can also be set with the -H, --header flag of course.  When
used
              with -L, --location you can append ";auto" to the
--referer URL to make curl automatically set the previous  URL  when
it  follows  a
              Location: header. The ";auto" string can be used alone,
even if you don't set an initial --referer.

$ curl -v -e 'http://google.com' csulb.edu
* About to connect() to csulb.edu port 80 (#0)
*   Trying 134.139.1.60...
* connected
* Connected to csulb.edu (134.139.1.60) port 80 (#0)
> GET / HTTP/1.1
OpenSSL/1.0.0g zlib/1.2.5
> Host: csulb.edu
> Accept: */*