My point is more along the line of if you're depending on a service which
provides only best-effort on uptime (as Bill Herrin mentioned, some providers
can barely manage 2 nines of 911 uptime) and to which you're connected by a
single, fault-prone connection, and which provides no guarantee of service even
if you CAN contact them,  calling it "critical" is kind of a joke, and you'd
probably get laughed at by a risk analyst.  If you're serious about protecting
health and home, you'd  better have some other plan in place that doesn't have
a ridiculous number of single points of failure.

Pete