On Tue, 19 Feb 2013, Landon Stewart wrote:

Oh by vendor I mean VAR I guess.  Mostly I'm also wondering how an IB
network handles IPoIB and how one uses IB with a gateway to layer 3
Ethernet switches or edge routers.  If anyone has any resources that
provide details on how this works and how ethernet VLANs are handled I'd
appreciate it.

My limited IB experience has been that the IB switch acts much like a dumb ethernet switch, caring only about which IB hardware addresses are reachable via which port. Routing between IPoIB and IP over ethernet can be done by any host with interfaces on both networks and IP forwarding enabled. In our setups, we've used IPoIB, but with 1918 addresses and not routed beyond the IB network.

 Jon Lewis, MCP :)           |  I route
 Atlantic Net                |