I've done this on multiple vendor platforms, including full routes, and
haven't had any issues.  Resource consumption varies on vendor and
implementation, but I've observed that its not as punitive as I thought it
would be due to various optimizations.  Granted, in most of my cases, it
was in a VRF, but I was not running MPLS.