Indeed MAP-E requires CPE replacement/upgrade cost.
But I would like to share JANOG Softwire WG Activity.
http://conference.apnic.net/__data/assets/pdf_file/0005/58856/apnic35-janog-softwire_1361559276.pdf

MAP-E already supported by 6 vendors,7 implementations.
It includes 2 open source(OpenWRT and ASAMAP) and 2 kernel(Linux 2.6.18 and
NetBSD 4.0.1).

Regards,
Shishio