> What the enterprise folks need is IPv6 champions, like yourself, like Lee, to
> user stand their use case that even if you don't end up deploying it on your
> own network you will show up at the IETF, or at least participate on the IETF
> mailing lists and help them get what they need, so IPv6 deployment can
> proceed apace.  If you really don't think there is harm, help them go get
> what they (think they?) need.

I don’t think there’s harm to including the option for RIO in DHCPv6.

I think there is great harm in continuing the use case presented earlier.

I have yet to see a use case from enterprise that actually requires RIO or
default route in DHCPv6, and I have seen many many use cases.

Most of them are, actually, better solved through education, so I tend to focus
my efforts in that area.

If you can find someone who wants to pay me to plead the enterprise cases to
the IETF, I suppose I might be interested in that job if it came with the right
offer, but for now, that’s not what I get paid to do.

Owen