It may also help to point out to them that under ARIN policy, if you need more
than a single /48, you will get at least a /44. ARIN does not issue
non-nibble-aligned blocks any more.

You can get /12, /16, /20, /24, /28, /32, /36, /40, /44, /48, but you can't get
a /45, /46, or /47.

IMHO this is a good thing as it simplifies administration, DNS, and likely
RPKI. It also reduces table bloat, and human factors related events. (At 3 am
it turns out most people are bad at bit math).

If your ISP would like, I am available to provide ipv6 training or consulting.

Owen