Hi,

I'm interested in knowing what sorts of material folks use to make after-market
dust filters for their various devices which wouldn't normally have any.  This
seems to almost be a necessity when these kinds of devices are deployed in
environments that are overly dusty and dirty (it should also be implied that
these environments are all in-doors and would have less than ideal airflow and
climate control).

A material that is too dense will hider airflow and cause an immediate increase
in inlet temperature, which would exacerbate a potentially threatening
temperature situation in environments where the ambient temperature is already
in the mid to high twenties and above (that's 77 - 86F+ for my American friends
;)).  A material that is not dense enough won't do a very good job at filtering.

Do folks just hack up HEPA filters or something?