Quite a few folks actually.  (the 802.5 & 802.4 specs)….
This is kind of like asking when we will stop using ethernet framing (ethernet
was designed for a 3Mbps transmission rate)
yet we are deploying 100Gbps networks.  Still stuck on that 1500byte
limitation.  When can we get rid of that?

manning
bmann...@karoshi.com
PO Box 12317
Marina del Rey, CA 90295