...on Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 01:42:37PM +0000, Matthew Huff wrote:

 > After making the about:config changes, no warning is given to the user about
 > the bad ciphers. Even if you click the SSL lock icon, no warning is given.
 > Only if you know that the connection being made with
 > "TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA,128 bit keys, TLS 1.0" is a bad thing would
 > you have any clue.

I've found the Calomel SSL Validation Add-on to be quite useful in that
regard. It adds some controls to access FF encryptions settings, as well
as a quick overview on the quality of a TLS connection:

https://calomel.org/firefox_ssl_validation.html
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/calomel-ssl-validation/

In general, an old version of Firefox Portable seems a must-have item in
the admin toolchest right now - there's just too much stuff still out
there that can't be accessed with either current Firefox or IE anymore.

Alex.