On 2015-11-23 17:26, Owen DeLong wrote:

> Sure, but I really don’t think there’s an exchange per se in this case, given
> that T-Mo
> is (at least apparently) willing to accommodate any streaming provider that
> wants to
> participate so long as they are willing to conform to a fairly basic set of
> technical criteria.

Vidéotron also stated on day of annoucement that they were opened to
any/all music streaming services and not selective. But fine print is
important here because they do "vet" music streaming services and the
carrier wants to ensure they are "legal" in canada (music rights), are
not a radio station (aka: onwer by competitor telco who owns most radio
statiosn in markets where Vidéotron operates) and a whole buch other
conditions.

There is PR to make "zero rating" look good, and then there is fine
print thats hows the true intentions.

In the case of Vidéotron, the zero-rated music is available only on
their highest priced services and is a marketing scheme to increase
AREPU by inciting customers to upgrade to more expensive service.