Cogent,

Can you stop peering with Verizon in the meantime? Please? D:

-----Original Message-----
From: NANOG [mailto:nanog-boun...@nanog.org] On Behalf Of Fred Hollis
Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2016 10:25 PM
To: nanog@nanog.org
Subject: Re: Cogent <=> Google Peering issue

Yes, it's a global Cogent problem. We are in contact with them as well and were
told that they're aware of that but can't do anything about it on their own.

> Dear Cogent Customer,
>
> Cogent NOC team has been working with Verizon as well as Google to assist
> with resolving the issue. After further investigation there is no issue on
> the Cogent network which is causing the issue that you are seeing. Currently
> we have asked for  Google and Verizon to work together to assist with
> resolving the issue which has been isolated to their end of the spectrum.
>
> As you can see, this issue is beyond Cogent control nevertheless, we continue
> pushing to get it resolve. We will provide you with further updates as they
> arise.

I am getting a "Destination unreachable" from their closest router. We did
rerouting through a different carrier, so not a big problem for us, but still
annoying.