On Mon, 15 May 2017, Brad Knowles wrote:

> As much as I hate, loathe, and despise Microsoft, there's always going to be
> someone/something out there that is "the worst".  Eliminate the current
> "worst", and there will be another one right behind them.
>
> I do believe that Microsoft is directly responsible for trillions of
> dollars/euros of damage done to economies worldwide, due to their lax
> security practices over the years.  Their advances have only come at the cost
> of great pain on the part of others, and they have been kicking and screaming
> all the while being dragged into the modern world.
>
> The rest of us will continue to bear the pain and anguish that they create.
> That's just the way things are.  Not the way they should be, but the way they
> are.
>
> --
> Brad Knowles <b...@shub-internet.org>

Spot on. Shame on Microsoft for releasing patches and not
forcing the installation versus letting security managers
open up ISC^, and other nonsensical frameworks to do things
like "change/patch management" tasks. I mean, who cares if
one little patch knocks a business out of existence.

I do believe Microsoft is directly responsible for making
people such daft "To patch or not to patch" admins. Force
feed patches on everyone! Then your next message will be:
"I believe Microsoft is responsible for trillions of
dollars by pushing out patches forcefully and negatively
impacting businesses worldwide."

Pain and anguish? I'm smiling and drinking coffee. I adore
when security shenanigas occur. That is the sound of a cash
register to me.

--
J. Oquendo

"Where ignorance is our master, there is no possibility of
real peace" - Dalai Lama

0B23 595C F07C 6092 8AEB  074B FC83 7AF5 9D8A 4463
https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xFC837AF59D8A4463