Then Africa in particular is specifically disadvantaged - I spent a good deal
of time in Haiti and 4G connectivity was abundant at good speeds, as were
terrestrial fiber connections.

Mirrors my experience in half a dozen other 3rd world countries.  Unless
there’s something particularly oppressive about Africa?