Only if you have lower MTU on your core links than on your edge -which is a
huge design flaw.
Also most of the internet backbones out there are MPLS based meaning the
traceroutes are well "sparse" to say at least, so I wouldn't worry about this
that much.

> Another option is to let it be announced but filter the packets at your
> border.

That defeats the whole purpose of this exercise.
Yes we all use infrastructure ACLs to protect our infrastructure, but if the
infra-block is advertised the DDoS is still delivered to your doorstep even if
you filter it at the edge interfaces the damage has been done already -as your
upstream pipes are full.

If your infra-ranges are not advertised your infrastructure simply can't be
targeted by any DDoS attack.

adam