Used Cisco Nexus 93180YC (oh, I guess New, sorry, it was on eBay, so I assumed
used) is about $6,500, though I've heard they go down to $4k from time to time.

So then maybe that's the problem... not enough used 100G gear out there yet to
make it affordable... leaving 40G as the biggest cost-effective option. Most
people I know don't buy that kind of gear new, only used. It costs too much,
otherwise.

>From what I've gathered from active DWDM platform vendors, it doesn't matter
>what you throw at it (up to the latest and greatest), they just eat it up
>(assuming you have the right line cards). Maybe it only works that way when
>talking to sales\marketing?

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions