On 2/14/19 12:08 AM, Mark Tinka wrote:
As a pure FTTH Active-E AN, I still think the Brocade (Extreme) CER/CES
is a good box.

The CES is...wonky. My Foundry/Brocade/Extreme SEs have steered me away from them on more than one occasion.

The CER is fine but of course more expensive. It'll take a full Internet table, though, which is handy.

For AE resi deployments, I'd aggregate folks onto cheap 48 port switches then terminate onto a single pizza box router somewhere "less deep" in the network. Distributed, in-field L3 termination doesn't mean you have to terminate L3 right at the customer-facing port.

--
Brandon Martin