On 2/27/2019 8:31 PM, Daniel Rohan wrote:
Can anyone shed light on how ISPs handle missing samples when calculating p95s for monthly billing cycles? Do they fill null samples with zeros or leave them as null?

I’m working on a billing sanity tool and want to make sure to cover my corner cases well.

Thanks!

Dan
--
Thanks, Dan

You have to be careful legally.  You can't bill something you cannot prove.  Unless you can extrapolate the data from the adjacent samples, you have to assume the best case for the user which is probably zero usage.