Hi again,

So I keep going throgh the NUnitTask in NAnt, and I have run into another
gotcha: TestSuite names. For example, the XmlResultFormatter puts a name
attribute on the <testsuite> tag, except, it always prints the same: "test",
since it incorrectly (imho) puts the value of NUnitTest.Name, which of
course will be "test", since it is a constant value. Utterly useless,
essentially.

So I can see one of two ways out:
- Add a name attribute to "test" task, and use that, or...
- Modify the system so that the formatters, at that point, get access to the
ITest or ITestSuite instance used to perform the actual test. After all,
TestSuite in NUnit already defines a Name property which could be used quite
nicely.

The latter would require, so far as I can see, some somewhat heavy changes
to several of the NUnit task classes, so it would be less desirable if a
"quick fix" is wanted.

So, what do you guys think? Do any of you find it worthwhile? If not, I'll
just go ahead and create my own NUnit task replacements and use those
instead.

P.S. FWIW, if anyone's wondering what I'm doing fooling around with the
NUnit task classes, I'm trying, for the fun of it, to build a task for nant
similar to JUnitReport [1] for my own use...

[1]
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-junitmail/index.html

--
Tomas Restrepo