What do people think of these two "global" task attributes.  When I say
global I mean all (or almost all tasks would implement these - like if,
unless, etc..)

1. force

This attribute would have to be implemented on a task by task basis but
I think that any task does dependency checking should implement this
attribute.  Setting the value to true would cause the task to always
execute even if the dependency checking tells it not too.  The default
would be false.

2. message

If this attribute was defined and the task executed normally only the
text in the message would be displayed on the console.  Using this would
allow you to document each step of the build file AND display nicely
formatted results to the user.

So instead of seeing:
    [mkdir] Creating directory
D:\eagdf\project\NAnt\master/build/nant-0.8.0-deb
ug/bin
     [copy] Copying 4 files to
D:\eagdf\project\NAnt\master/build/nant-0.8.0-deb
ug/bin

You could see:
    [mkdir] Creating build directory
     [copy] Copying required assemblies to build directory

The message attribute would be very useful on the <exec> task.