Hi Ian,

> > If you want to delete a directory or file that doesn't exist, then this
> > should just be considered a successful execution of the task, shouldn't
it
> > be ?
> yep. And it will work that way for filesets I think.

Ok, I'll update the Delete task to do the same.

> > Certainly if there's currently no means to check if a directory (or
file)
> > actually exists.
> Is this somthing that is in Ant ? Is it a seperate task ?

Yes this is definitely available in Ant.  In Ant there's a <condition> task
(http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/condition.html) that will set a
specified attribute to a value ("true" by default) depending on the
underlying conditions (
http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/conditions.html).  This is really
powerful.

We should consider something similar.

> > Does everyone agree to change this behaviour ?
> >
> > Is it ok if I submit a patch to you, Ian ?
> >
> Feel free to post it to the list. That way others can comment on it.

Ok I will.

Gert

The  Information  contained  in this message is intended for the addressee
 only  and  may  contain  confidential  information.  Any views or opinions
 presented  are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
 those of Ardatis. Ardatis reserves the right to monitor the content of all
 e-mail messages it receives.