From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Matthew Mastracci
Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2003 8:02 AM
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [nant-dev] Visual Studio solution builder

Now that NAnt 0.8.01 has been released, I've decided to release the latest version of my Visual Studio project/solution builder. This version has been enhanced in a number of ways:

- It now uses some internal NAnt tasks to perform its actions (License and .resx compiling). When I have a chance, I'll fix it to only use NAnt tasks to do its magic.
- It can handle building a solution, even one that uses Enterprise Template Projects.
- It will automatically resolve extra dependencies in solutions if the projects are built at the same time.
- If the solution is built by referencing the output file of the projects (versus referencing the project itself), it will automatically detect this and treat it as a reference to the project itself (including

matching the solution's build configuration).

To use this task:
  - Unzip the task dll into the NAnt 0.8.01 directory.
  - Run NAnt using a .build file that has a <solution> task (see below)

If you have any issues, please email myself ASAP and I can try to resolve them. I will be trying to get the source available soon as well. It *really* needs to be cleaned up, but it can at least be patched by others if I put it into CVS.

*** Please note that this has not been tested with VS2003 solutions. As

far as I know the project formats are similar, but I can't guarantee it will support every nuance (especially custom build steps).

Here is an example build file:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<project name="nant" default="x"
xmlnds="http://tempuri.org/nant-vs.xsd";>
<target name="x" description="Perform a 'debug' build">
<!-- Build the solution "main.sln", release configuration -->
<solution solutionfile="main.sln" configuration="release">
</solution>
<!-- Build all of the projects under the projects/ directory, automatically resolving dependencies, use the release configuration for each -->
<solution configuration="release">
<projects>
<includes name="projects\**\*.csproj"/>
</projects>
</solution>
</target>
</project>

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.net email is sponsored by: SlickEdit Inc. Develop an edge. The most comprehensive and flexible code editor you can use. Code faster. C/C++, C#, Java, HTML, XML, many more. FREE 30-Day Trial. www.slickedit.com/sourceforge _______________________________________________ Nant-developers mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/nant-developers