Gert,
I've applied this with some changes. I'm not sure what was behind your use of the CultureInfo.InvariantCulture constant so I pulled it out. Can you please explain what it was supposed to be doing ?

Ian
Hi,
I noticed that you get a NullReferenceException when you try to read the value of a registry value name that does not exist using the ReadRegistry task. Apparently a ToString() was done first, instead of first checking if a value was retrieved.
Ian, can you please submit the included patch that will fix this issue.
Thanks,