Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2003 10:35 PM
Subject: [nant-dev] reading property values from external file

Hi,

Are there plans to support a task for loading property values from an external (xml) file ?

In the end, we should have something like this to allow settings to be specified or overridden on a user level.

Using the commandline to specify indiviual properties is fine when you need to override only a few properties, but when you want the build process to be highly configurable by a user, it's not sufficient.

Ant (no I don't want to campare Nant with Ant again :-)) currently supports both a properties file (comparabe with INI file) and an xml-properties file.

Are there intentions to support something similar for NAnt ?